Tax Preparation Checklist

**As part of our service we always double check that you submitted everything we see in your file from the prior year. If there was a new type of transaction or an event that took place during the tax year that might impact your return in a new way (i.e. sale of home, moving/relocation, etc) you need to inform us of this by including the necessary documents and/or pertinent information.

Personal Information:

__Social Security Numbers (spouses and dependents). Clients should inform us

of any changes to their last names in relation to their social security number.

__Birth Dates (spouses and dependents)

__Last years tax return (**New clients only)

__Hi-res image of your Driver's License (front and back).

__Stimulus / Economic Impact Payments

Tax Documents:

__W-2 forms for the filing year

__1099-NEC (formerly 1099-Misc) If you were self-employed or a contract worker and made
more than $600, you should receive a 1099 from the payer.

__1099-G Unemployment Compensation - If you received
unemployment compensation then you need to bring a 1099-G
specifying how much you collected. REQUIRED TO FILE

__1099-INT - interest income statements

__1099-DIV - dividend income statements

__1099-B Gross Proceeds from Sale of Stock
We will need the Cost Basis for the shares sold and when the
shares were purchased. Most 1099s do not include this information
so please confirm this information with your broker in advance of
of your tax appointment.

__1099-R Pensions and Annuity Disbursements
If you took money out of an IRA, pension, or life insurance
contract, you should receive a 1099-R and bring it to your tax

__Social Security/RRI benefits

__Form 1098 Student Loan Interest Paid

__Form 1098 Education Expenses from a Qualified Institution

__Form 1098 Mortgage Interest & Real Estate Taxes Paid

__1099-S Sale of Real Estate
If you sold real estate, we will need the cost basis which is the
purchase price plus improvements and commissions.

__1099-G Gambling or Lottery Winnings (and losses only if you have had

__1099-Cancellation of Debt

__K-1 income from Partnerships, S Corporations & Trusts.

__Jury Duty Pay

Category of Expenses:

__Self-Employed Business Expenses Please categorize and total these
expenses prior to your tax appointment.

__Child Care Provider name, address and Tax ID number. If you are paying
an individual then bring their name, address and social
security number.

__Alimony - If you paid or received alimony we need to report how much and
the social security number of the payer or recipient.

__IRA, SEP or Keogh - Did you make a contribution for this tax year and
how much?

__Moving Expenses (more than 50 miles for work). Please include dates of move and new address.

__Charitable Expenses

__Medical Expenses are deductible if more than 7.5% of your adjusted gross

__Estimated Tax Payment made for the year

__Adoption Expenses